Telemarketers

An article about how little the effects of the national don’t call list might actually be. Dangit.

sneaky

7 Responses to Telemarketers

Our marketing department makes about 5,000 calls a week, but we only bother used car dealers, and really, how many of you feel sorry for used car dealers?

Actually, let’s make them mad, so they do illegal stuff, so we can make money:
    I refuse to be scared of them. I haven’t finished thinking about all this yet, but scared of them? No way. Lots of people/companies could do lots of annoying things if we irritated them enough. That’s no way to live 😀

oh. I’m obviously sensitive about this. Of course, who isn’t? I have yet to hear someone say, “They’re just doing their job, I don’t mind…”

They’re just doing their job, I don’t mind…

5. Josh says:

Our church changed service times this week and so the pastor recorded a message about it and had a company make all the calls…it dialed 4,000 homes in two hours. can you imagine what telemarketers could do if we pissed them off? they could use a computer like that one and schedule a call to houses around the clock…wow. Let’s not make them mad.

6. Josh says:

I was just being silly.

7. Josh says:

I’ve been on the other end of the phone (their end). It sucks. I hated it. It was a major contribution to me quitting gateway. I don’t get all that irritated at the person making the calls, because as you said, they’re doing their job. It’s the higher ups who are making the decision, “hmm, lets bug people with phone calls till they buy our product” that really annoy me.