Rhapsody

One of the new online music services that BestBuy is promoting. $9.95/month for unlimited access to their albums. Burn CDs for $0.79/track. No Beatles or Radiohead though. Speak out if you know more.

Anyone tried it yet?

18 Responses to Rhapsody

I downloaded and started my trial today. Not since Napster have I felt this cool “world at my fingertips” feeling. And it’s LEGIT.

I love having all this praise and worship music at my fingertips. I wait no more than 4 seconds to start a song, there are not multiple versions I have to pick from, it’s EASY to get whole albums…Today is a good day. Currently playing: Passion Worship Band

3. Josh says:

so, you can listen all you want for $9.95 a month, but it’s not yours unless you pay an extra $.79 per song to burn?

Anyone heard anything about itunes for PCs?

5. The Bitsas says:

What is the sound quality of the play. Could one capture songs played with a PC recorder and have the same quality as the mp3?

6. The Bitsas says:

iTunes expected to be announced for the PC today.

It’s a 128kbps stream. “CD Quality”. My speakers don’t really tell the tale probably, but it sounds good to me.

Josh, it all depends on what you mean by “yours”. It’s “mine” for all purposes of listening to off my PC. When you buy a CD, what are you really buying? The right to listen to it on that medium (according to the RIAA). I think this is awesome. I can listen at work and at home easily, just not at the same time.
    Dunno about iTunes…anyone? There are A LOT of companies behind Rhapsody.

Now a car player that had it’s own cell phone integrated (like OnStar) that would let me listen from my car would be nice…

10,000 vs. 400,000. MTV should get more songs before they start. But they definitely have the attention of the demographic they need. Check out this site:
    for all the companies pushing rhapsody. This will be an interesting battle.

9. Josh says:

So, for $9.95 a month you can stream whatever you want, but for an extra $.79 they let you download a file and burn it?

Oh. Yeah. That’s how it works. I thought you were complaining. I haven’t tried the burning yet.

First complaint…today, the streaming keeps cutting out. It’s not fun. I just disconnected and reconnected and it’s working better…maybe I got a better server. That’s why I’m using an evaluation period.

Does iTunes support streaming? If not, it seems like there’s no contest (although I do like the audiobooks on iTunes)

13. Joseph Taylor says:

I tried out iTunes. Currently I like it a lot. They do stream radio stations but not specific songs. As far as I can tell, the store is only for downloads….Not sure if this is what you mean. Works great as a music player.

hope this helps?

Yep…it helps…helps me realize that I’m not going to download it because it can’t stream individual songs.

Thanks Joseph, btw.

16. Josh says:

I hear it’s one heck of a program for ripping and organizing one’s mp3 collection…better than RealOne, MediaPlayer, etc…but those aren’t great ones anyway.

MTV will be offering a service too. Click name.