Offshore Outsourcing in trouble

…and I’m glad. What do you guys think?

Thanks Scott

0 Responses to Offshore Outsourcing in trouble

Yeah, I’m hoping America is starting to understand the difference between price and cost. Unfortunately, Dell has been really bad with this particular issue which stinks because I like their products as well as their prices.

According to the rep I talked to last, Dell is bringing back all their overseas support to the US.

Wow – that would be great. But what about ‘gold’ support?

Still on…still gets you in a queue faster with a higher level tech.

Speaking of – I just used Gold support today for the first time. I got to a rep in about 5-7 minutes and he was cool. He went thru the regular check list then asked if I was familiar with hardware troubleshooting. When I told him I was, he took my advice, put in the order, and we were done. Big points.

Check that last comment. I hate Dell support again. As much as I keep trying to like them, they persist to irritate and profoundly disappoint me. No tech showed up today. I called 5 times and left 2 messages and my service rep never answered the phone or returned my calls. I called again and waited in the queue until I got another rep. He put me on hold for about 5 min and made some calls. He had no problem reaching my original rep, but my part hasn’t shipped, and they are totally out of stock. They don’t even have an ETA on the part. They can’t tell me anything about when my system will be fixed. I told him that I had a system down and I needed it up, and that this is why I had purchased Gold Support. All he could do was thank me for choosing Dell. Don’t thank me – I don’t have another option. If I did we wouldn’t be talking.