Which candidate should you vote for?

I do wonder (like Chris) if the primary motivation for this wasn’t to help me, but to survey me. Either way, it’s a neat little tool. I wonder how much the candidates would agree with what it says they support.

Thanks Chris

15 Responses to Which candidate should you vote for?

1. Josh says:

4 Dean: 84%
    5 Clark: 81%
    6 Edwards: 77%
    7 Lieberman: 70%
    8 Bush: 10%

4. The Bitsas says:

I’m with jeremy no Yoda. Kucinich 100%, Kerry 98%, Sharpton (my favriote personality) 97%, Dean 91%, Clark 90%, Edwards 86%, Lieberman 75%. Bush 11%. Fun!

Bush: 100%
    Lieberman: 88%
    Kerry: 81%

Cool:
    “The nine Democratic and single Republican candidates participated by responding directly to a questionnaire. The questions and answers were compiled by TIME. “

7. sarah says:

1 Kerry Score: 100%
    2 Sharpton Score: 95%
    3 Edwards Score: 94%
    4 Dean Score: 94%
    5 Clark Score: 92%
    6 Kucinich Score: 89%
    7 Bush Score: 63%

If I re-take it and don’t answer the stuff that I don’t think I know much about, it’s amazing how that changes it:
    Bush: 100%
    Edwards: 52%
    Clark: 50%
    Kerry: 49%
    Dean: 43%

A few things I noticed about this survey:
    They put the economy and environment together in the prioritization process
    Personally, the views that directly relate to what I consider moral absolutes are more important to me than those closer to neutral (as far as being related to morals).
    It’s interesting to go through the quiz leaving everything in the middle. When you get to the prioritization section, play with the ratings there and you can tell which candidates have more extremes in which areas.

10. Josh says:

Bush 100%
    Edwards 84%
    Kerry 78%
    Clark 76%
    Dean 71%
    Sharpton 66%
    Kucinich 64%
    yeah, i clicked the republican box the other day.
    All these percentages seem high to me for them to be of different parties, etc…

11. Jeremy says:

If you listen to Nader, it’s because they’re all basically the same. Not sure that I buy that, but there you go. Nader is still trying to decide if he’ll run; I don’t think he’ll have much of an effect even if he does. Dems are in survival mode. BTW, did you guys hear that Roy Moore (The ‘Ten Commandments’ Judge) is considering running for President? It’s interesting that in the Republican primary in NH Bush didn’t do so well… only getting 79% of the votes with… uhhmmm… nobody running against him.

Not to stir up discord, but I got a kick out of the fact that Derek and Sarah seem to have quite different political leanings :o)

I account for that this way:
    1) We would probably both admit that we haven’t done enough reading (yet) to really know what some of those one sentence statements mean (Everyone knows that it’s not as simple/cut-and-dry as those statements make it sound). 2) Our family backgrounds and the fact that she is in education, and I work for an ad agency.

14. Ben says:

Hmmm… interesting…

Mine ended up with John Kerry at 96% (Bush was a lousy 26% for me).

Maybe I’m becomming a Democrat in my old age… GASP!

15. Ben says:

Josh.. you may have clicked on “Republican” at the end which will only present the republican choices (ie only Bush). And if there is only 1 match, then that candidate gets 100%. For example, by not changing any answers from my Kerry result above, I clicked on Republican and it returned Bush at 100%. So your results may be meaningless.