“In January, the state Supreme Court ruled that unborn children at all stages of development are covered under the state’s criminal homicide statute. The law exempts the death of a fetus during an abortion.” Amazing. Can anyone out there explain this?

Thanks Scott

0 Responses to Woman charged with murder for not having a C-Section to save her babies. If she had wanted to abort them I assume it would have been ok.

1. Josh says:

I think they should put her “under the jail” as my grandmother would say…but man, this case really shows how silly our laws are. I am glad they are doing something about this and wish it could trickle down to earlier in pregnancy. Her mindset is just like what causes most abortions (at least that is what I interpret to be a cause).

Baja Fresh closed!?! Argh!
    Sorry – no thread for that comment so I picked the top one.

Yeah the law is all messed up on unborn children. If people want to feel justified in killing them, they should at least be consistent in their arbitrary picks as to who is human and who is not.

This just makes me angry. Can anyone out there enlighten me as to their logic? Argh.

4. Josh says:

If you wanted the pregancy, then it’s murder, if you didn’t then it’s not. like that new law that if you kill a pregnant lady or even cause her to miscarry, you’re tried for murder. This lady wanted to be pregnant apparently, so if she caused one to die, it’s homicide.

5. Derek says:

Yeah but she wanted to be pregant, but not disfigured. What’s the logic in that?

And aren’t parents supposed to make sacrifices for their children?

It’s criminal if someone causes a woman’s unborn baby to die, but only without her consent. It’s ok for a doctor to kill the baby. Would the state still press charges on behalf of the child if a woman was violently injured causing her to miscarry while on the way to have an abortion?
    I know the whole abortion issue is usually just considered a political hot topic, but when you really think about the logic behind the legislation, it’s mind-boggling.

I agree with you Scott that the abortion issue is a political hot button.

to everyone:

What would it take to get a rational forum regarding abortion started in our society? Do you think that those who stand on street corners with the graphic representations of abortion methods strapped to the front of their preteen kids are correct in doing so? Would this need to stop in order for the issue to be addressed in a holistic manner? What is the “proper” method for addressing the issue of abortion?

An answer to Jon’s question…much prayer.
    We also need to call our congressmen and tell them our concern. No this will not work if just one person does this; but if each person that reads this calls, then get 2 more people to call, something might get done. This is the “proper” political method for common folk like us to address this issue. Richard Burr’s number is 336-631-5125.

Follow up on the C-section lady:
    She was arrested a couple of years ago for child endangerment. Apparently she was in the grocery store with her daughter who picked up a candy bar and started eating it. She began punching the child in the face and screaming “You ate the candy bar, and now I can’t buy my cigarettes!”
    Of the twins she was carrying, one was stillborn and the other was saved but tested positive for cocaine and alcohol. Fortunately the latter was adopted by another family. Why can’t we sterilize people like this?

Only in a socialist republic Scott…

-stupid people shouldn’t breed-