Got a GMail account today

It’s the same as my mindspring and lidbom.com accounts ([email protected])…all of them go to the same place, so you don’t have to update your contacts yet. I’ll let you know how I love it.

0 Responses to Got a GMail account today

Have they opened those up now, or are you priveleged? I’m curious about how they work. You’ll have to post an opinion on it.

I got an invitation from a kind soul (they’re harder to come by now…) I’ll post a review when I get a chance.

3. skebrown says:

I guess you will get an invitation to send out to a friend after a specified time of use? I am waiting for my buddy at Chapel Hill to get his invites, I am on his list. He really likes the gmail thang. I have heard the search function is awesome.

I can’t wait to read your review.

I know it’s in Beta, but it frustrates me that it’s been down since yesterday evening. Anyone else having problems?

Due to my inability to login to my GMail account, I’ll be trying out Yahoo!’s new improved service…continue to email me at any address EXCEPT my gmail one.

It’s back up now…I’ll be comparing Yahoo! and GMail side by side now…

I have the same email forwarded to both Yahoo! and GMail accounts…from last night to this morning I got 4 spam messages on Yahoo! and 18 on GMail…get workin’ guys.

Spam from last night that made it through the filter:
    Google: 13 messages
    Yahoo!: 9 messages

SPAM filtering report for the weekend (what made it through that shouldn’t have):
    Google: 17 messages
    Yahoo!: 30 messages

It’s interesting to note that Google doesn’t block a lot of stuff that most people probably consider spam that isn’t (newsletters/special offers from companies that I’ve done business with that tend to hound me but seem to have good ways to get off of their lists). Yahoo! tends to put that sort of stuff immediately in junk mail. I’d rather have to click through 10-20 messages a day and report them as spam than to EVER have to go into my auto-filtered mail and retrieve stuff…that defeats the point.