Non-IE vulnerability

For all those users who are pushing Firefox over IE because of security issues…check this one out. There will be more. Not that I’m saying IE is more secure, but it can be better locked down on a network.

no good

0 Responses to Non-IE vulnerability

1. Ben says:

Or… even a blind squirell finds a nut every once in a while….

I’m gonna need you to explain how that metaphor relates to the post.

I think I follow Ben’s idea.

The weaknesses of FF are still stronger than the strengths of IE. Blind squirrels either adapt or they die. Same thing with phishing. It’s no good if there’s no water in the pond. (e.g.- a browser that doesn’t succumb to the typical, simple breaches)

The “fluke” breach of FF doesn’t present enough of a threat for me to go back to IE, but I agree with Derek on the network lockdown.

Now I’m more confused. But I got the last part. I use Firefox (on OS X and Windows) when I can, but MS is on the right track with their recent changes in SP2. Besides, almost all IE problems (related to spyware and phishing) are USER problems (don’t browse those sites and don’t click yes to whatever prompt you see).

5. Chris Barr says:

All I get is a page that says “this works in ever browser except IE” and then some links.

OS 10.3.8 running Safari.

Click on the second link. It looks like you go to http://www.paypal.com over a secure connection. You don’t. That’s bad.

I still go with the theory that hackers shoot for fallout. As other browsers become used more widely, more attempts will be made to compromise them.