Most Compelling Reason to Believe

To those of you who are Christians:

What is your most compelling reason to believe Christ is who He said He was?

This entry was posted in Religion. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Most Compelling Reason to Believe

1. Jon Wright says:

Most compelling reason…hmmmm…can’t pinpoint only one; however, I will point to a quote that sums up the most compelling reasonS for a reasonable belief in Christ’s claims to being God incarnate and savior of all. John Warwick Montgomery said that to be skeptical of the resultant text of the Bible (more specifically the Newer Testament) today “is to allow all of classical antiquity to slip into obscurity, for no documents of the ancient period are as well attested bibliographically as the New Testament.”

2. Chris Bitsas says:

I find Christianity most compelling because I don’t have to earn anything, and my salvation is not dependant on my ability to perform with in a standard. It only requires believing that one man was who He said He was and did what He said He did.

Come on guys…any more? I think most compelling to me right now is the fact that history so strongly supports Christianity. I don’t think enough believers (let alone unbelievers) understand that we believe in things that have very strong historical proofs. Religious experience is way down on the list. Unfortunately, that’s what most people fall back on. Feelings. Guess what? All the other religions have religious experiences too.

What do you mean by “reason?”

5. Frankie says:

Because…….why would he lie? Sarah? Your thoughts?

Oh…sorry if I was rough on you…however you want to answer it (because I don’t understand what it would mean if you answered it in the “relying on logic” way, but I’m curious).What if I restated it this way, “Why do you believe Christ is who He said He was.”

I believe because the Holy Spirit called/enabled/ me to believe. That answer is outside the realm of reason, but it is an explanation as to why I believe.In terms of reason and why belief is warranted, the answer is not as “simple.” I’ll come back to that.

Come on…you can’t be serious. I can’t read anything into that word in my question. You give me possibilities of what I might mean and I’ll tell you which one it is.

Reason as in relying on logic or reason as in an element of an explanation.

10. David Mullen says:

That’s an interesting question and one that is certainly tough to sum up in one statement.If I had to boil it down to a single reason, it would be that the grace of God is irresistible. Though I wanted to fight it, I couldn’t. It led me to come running into the arms of Christ.Now, if someone asked why that grace was irresistible, I’d certainly have tangible examples to accompany the numerous intangilbe reasons. The evidence offered by astronomy, astrophysics, biochemistry, and paleontology all point to – I believe – an intelligent, active, personal designer responsible for the creation of the universe, Earth, animals and humans.The historicity, archeological and circumstantial evidence all point to the fact that Christ lived and did the things attributed to Him in the Bible and that He was, indeed, God the son.God used these things to break down my self-centered, skeptical, agnostic focus. Then he wispered my name – figuratively – and I came running. The grace of God is the single biggest reason I believe and I praise Him for that grace.