Your Hosting Provider?

Those of you out there who have your own domain names, who are you using for hosting and how happy are you with them? And how much do they cost? Thanks!

9 Responses to Your Hosting Provider?

1and1.com – they were running a special a while back where you could sign up for 3 yrs free. I’ve never paid them a dime – they didn’t ask for a credit card or anything. It’s not a lot of space – I can’t remember how much – but it’s plenty if you’re not hosting video or anything. I’ve never dealt with anyone in person there.

I get 1.5 gig storage (I have the mini plan), paid $42 for a year. MySQL, PHP, FrontPage Server Extensions, lots of scripts, etc. Service has been excellent. I have zero complaints and have been very pleased. it is well worth the $$.

3. skebrown says:

Ha
    Don’t use one of those others. Get yourself an old computer, put a big hard drive on it, slap a bit of open source Linux (or other flavor) and host your own server from the bedroom or livingroom.

I used several hosting companies and found that none of them are as fulfilling as your own home box.

yeah, until your ISP boots you because it is against your service agreement.

5. skebrown says:

They don’t seem to care! Ha.

Well for the past 2 years I have had no problems, and not even an IP address change.

They’ll only know if you tell them :o)

I hosted on my PC for nearly three years. Once they sent out a email that said, “You are in violation, you’re running a server…” and then a day later i got one saying, “We’re sorry, we accidentally sent that email to everyone…” Then a year later, they emailed me individually and said they had scanned my ip and found x, y, and z ports open, indicating a server, yada yada, yada. So, i went with the outside hosting and my users get fast downloads instead of the pokey 20kb/s from my cable modem. win/win/win (yet slight loss of money)

7. Bryan Watts says:

I host with midphase.com.

$7.95 per month.
    3000MB of space
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Unmetered Email
    E Commerce
    MySQL databases

There are better deals from there for hosting multiple domains. I’m thinking of upgrading and getting another domain name.

The helpdesk has always responded pretty quickly, though it’s in India like most these days.

8. Chris Barr says:

I use http://www.orystes.com/
    they have the best deals I have seen online. I get 2GB for $3.99 a month, or you can get 15GB for $9.99. Crazy good prices I think. They use cPanel X if that makes any difference to you.

The tech support people were always great and answered my questions in a day or two.

9. Bryan Watts says:

I don’t know about you, but the upload speeds from my cable modem are WAY too slow for the video and images that I often host on my webspace.