To the moon!

This has been a subject of conversation at least a few times at the office in the past year, so I wanted to throw it out to you guys. Do you really think we landed on the moon in 1969?

This entry was posted in Journal. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to To the moon!

1. Ben says:

Little known fact…. the moon landing was filmed on the same lot where they hid the “weapons of mass destruction”

So you believe we landed because there truly was no lot with hidden WMD’s or you don’t believe because the landing was filmed on earth?

ps- the WMD reference was spectacular

The only ideas I’ve found compelling have to do primarily with what the wikipedia article deems the “Cold War Prestige”. That idea, complemented with the criticisms of the “evidence” that it happened make it seem reasonable to me that it could have been staged. But I don’t think I can say, “It didn’t happen.”Besides, I thought George Lucas filmed the moon landing. (In a galaxy, far far away…)

5. Mark says:

I know it’s “toilet paper”, but…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_accusationsSometimes Wikipedia has good resources.

6. Mark says:

NO! The moon landing was directed by Martin Scorsese.

Good call Evan. Maybe we would’ve brought freedom to the peoples of the moon…oh wait…there’s that lack of WMD thing again… (MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!)

8. Evan says:

The microprocessor was invented in 1969, as was UNIX. No, I don’t think we cruised up to the moon, got out, and walked around.What was the reason for not going back after the Apollo program? Bored of the moon already?As Americans, I think that if we had the ability to go, we would have left something there already that was big enough to see from earth with a fairly powerful telescope — like a Volkswagen. Isn’t that what we do??

9. sarah says:

evan, i’m surprised that you think it would be a volkswagen. stupid hippie.it would be a ford expedition or excursion or chevy suburban or tahoe or whatever the biggest “american made” vehicle out there is.duh.

10. Mark says:

Hummer H3:)

11. grk says:

We may have landed on th moon, but the romans definitely never existed. Coliseum? d i g i t a l . . .

12. evan says:

sarah, good call.. erhm.. the Ford MONSTROSITY XSLLSLX-T

13. Mark says:

Just thought I’d bring this back up on the anniversary of the “moon landing”.There’s no way that we had the technology to go to the moon.