Baby-zilla

Sarah has been treated to an exceptionally crabby baby the past few days. He’s unhappy because he’s tired and he won’t sleep because he’s unhappy. Oh yeah, and the fact that he climbs up on the crib to a standing position and then is scared to get down doesn’t help (he just wails until mom comes and gets him down). These are the worst days since he was born I think, and I’m not at home to help Sarah. Not that there’s much helping I could do. I know there are some who have had colicky babies that cried hours a day on end and didn’t sleep through the night for a year. I can’t imagine it.

Remember the Bible days when you could get someone else to raise your baby for the first little while? Yeah…those were awesome.

ps…Don’t get me wrong, we are extremely happy we have a healthy baby, it’s just maddening in the midst of it all.

pps…Sarah is an awesome mom.

This entry was posted in Journal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Baby-zilla

1. Leslie says:

There’s a lot you can do to help…keep telling her she’s great and that she’s doing the right thing.

2. MOM PAINE says:

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Derek, Happy Birthday to you.

I’m sorry your little one has caused much anxiety. I hope you will find comfort in the fact that one of God’s purposes in joining you and Sarah in marriage is for bringing about Godly offspring.I do have to say, I can’t remember where in Bible days someone else raised a couple’s child/ren for even a little while. Can you point me somewhere? (The best I can come up with is in the story of Moses’ birth and childhood, but that seemed to be most likely because Pharoah’s daughter needed a wet-nurse and providence guided Moses back to the nurturing of his mother for a time.)

I will defer to your Old Testament scholarship on that, admitting that Moses what the one I had in mind…I think I just assumed that it was more common than just that one circumstance.

Don’t know where this conversation started, but Samuel was delivered to the temple and raised by Eli as soon as he was weaned.

I’ve often wondered how old Samuel would have been “when he was weaned”. I think it probably could have been right around the time he started taking Passover (as he was then able to eat solid foods). Unless, of course, we assume they followed our modern “4-6 month solid food introduction” method, but, then again, Gerber wasn’t around yet.I digress….Even Samuel seems to be contra-norm for the course, but even so, I’ll take Isaac for a little while if you want. :)JW