If you haven’t heard, we are up in the mountains on our first family vacation. Here’s an update…
- Food Lion for essentials
- Walked around Boone (Mast General Store for some CANDY…5 pounds of it)
- Ate at Cafe Portofino (we ate there previously with Chris and Jessie Dowd before we were married)
- Ate dinner at Zuzda’s (an excellent tapas restaurant)
- Up and enjoyed a slow morning
- Turned down the option to walk around Grandfather mountain for $12/adult
- Drove the extremely windy route from Grandfather Mountain to Blowing Rock on Hwy 221. Note to self, The Toaster (Sarah’s Honda Element) is quite un-fun to drive on mountain roads.
- After the vertigo wore off, walked around Blowing Rock, fed Babyzilla some ice cream and ate lunch at Speckled Trout Cafe. I will not eat there again. I was disappointed with every element in my meal. The trout was good fish, but was covered with their “special seasoning” that was extremely salty. The slaw was un-good. The potatoes were plain. U suppose the tea was pretty good.
Now we’re enjoying resting while Isaac sleeps.
Things I have done on this trip that I haven’t done in at least 3 years:
- Watched a full episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Took a bath
- Ate some Easy Cheese (note: I don’t know what the draw to this stuff was when I was a kid, but it’s not there anymore), first ingredient: Whey
- Surfed and downloaded on less than dial-up speeds (but at least we have internet access thanks to my dad’s generosity in letting us borrow his Verizon broadband usb adapter)
In other news, I think I have forgotten how to sit down and take time to be intentional and relax…more on that later maybe.