Windows Desktop Search and Outlook 2007

ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on Reddit

I’ve been struggling getting Windows Desktop Search to index my emails.  It just doesn’t do it.  I’ve found lots of people with different issues, but none of them worked, until I found a forum that referenced http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927676.  Turns out, if you’re running Windows Desktop Search, Outlook AND Exchange System Management tools on your computer, the Exchange tools overwrite a DLL file that enables searching.  To fix simply run %windir%system32fixmapi.exe, reboot and reindex.

Google is a wonderful thing.

This entry was posted in technology and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *